The bad news is that if you’re in India you cannot download Pokemon Go on you iOS and android device.However, there is an alternate for people who want to play Pokémon Go right now without having to wait for it to launch in india, and we will guide you on how to download Pokémon Go for both Android and iOS devices.
Note: We recommend you to download Pokemon Go, only once it is officially available on the Google Play and iOS App Store in India.
How to download and install Pokémon Go on an iOS device?
If you have an iPhone or another iOS device, then the process for getting Pokémon Go is slightly different.
While Pokémon Go is available on the App Store, if it’s not available in India yet, follow these instructions on how to download and install the application.
Log out of your Apple ID
- Open Settings on your iPhone, tap on ‘Apple ID’ and select to sign out.
- Now go back into Settings and select General > Language & Region. Set your region to US, New Zealand or Australia – since Pokemon Go is officially available in these regions.
- Open the App Store and search for Pokémon Go and it should appear. If it doesn’t choose a free app to download and select ‘Create new Apple ID’.Go through the process of creating an Apple ID and select ‘None’ in the Billing menu and add a US, New Zealand or Australian address.
How to download Pokémon Go for Android
If you want to play Pokémon Go on your Android device, it is not available on the Google Play Store, then the following instructions will guide you on how to download it from a third-party website.
Download the Pokémon Go APK file
First of all you would need to allow your Android device to install and run apps downloaded from other sources. Beware-when you turn on this setting download apps that you know are reliable.
- Open up Settings and go to Security. Scroll down and next to ‘Unknown sources’, tap the toggle to turn this setting on.
- Now you would need to download the Pokémon Go APK file. On your Android device for that you need to go to the Pokémon Go APK webpage and tap on ‘Download APK’. Select ‘OK’ when the warning message appears and you will be able to download Pokemon Go.